The E3 2013 trailer for MercurySteam's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, which publisher Konami Digital Entertainment showed during its pre-E3 press briefing today, shows the beginning of Gabriel Belmont's quest for revenge.
"I cannot die, yet I cannot live," says Belmont (voice of Robert Carlyle) in the trailer, which runs for more than six minutes. Zobek (voice of Patrick Stewart), one of the original game's titular lords, offers Belmont a path forward: "Help me, and I can free you of your immortality," he tells the knight who has become Dracula.
According to Lords of Shadow 2's developers, it will have an even darker story than its predecessors, the console title Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and the Nintendo 3DS game Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate.
"It's a game of intense and contradictory feelings," said Enric Alvarez, game director and head of MercurySteam, during the briefing.
Check our our article on the presentation for more details on Lords of Shadow 2, which is set for release this winter on Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?