The E3 2013 trailer for MercurySteam's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, which publisher Konami Digital Entertainment showed during its pre-E3 press briefing today, shows the beginning of Gabriel Belmont's quest for revenge.
"I cannot die, yet I cannot live," says Belmont (voice of Robert Carlyle) in the trailer, which runs for more than six minutes. Zobek (voice of Patrick Stewart), one of the original game's titular lords, offers Belmont a path forward: "Help me, and I can free you of your immortality," he tells the knight who has become Dracula.
According to Lords of Shadow 2's developers, it will have an even darker story than its predecessors, the console title Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and the Nintendo 3DS game Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate.
"It's a game of intense and contradictory feelings," said Enric Alvarez, game director and head of MercurySteam, during the briefing.
Check our our article on the presentation for more details on Lords of Shadow 2, which is set for release this winter on Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds