Call of Duty: Ghosts' furriest squad member, Riley, will be able to take commands via in-game headset and two vibrating devices and allow players to spy through his camera vest.
Riley's abilities were announced by Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin during the Call of Duty: Ghosts livestream. According to Rubin, the team was "blown away" by the response to Riley. Rubin said that the team is working hard to make Riley a main character. His headset includes an earpiece for taking directions and two vibrating devices that will guide him left, right or center. During the steam, Riley was instructed to do "takedown" and "distraction" moves. The dog also wears a flip up camera in his vest that players can watch through.
Riley's moniker is a nod to Lieutenant Simon "Ghost" Riley, a British character in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'