The Museum of Design Atlanta, co-hosted with Georgia Tech's Digital Media Program, will host an exhibition that highlights the work of women game designers and artists called XYZ: Alternative Voices in Game Design.
According to the organizers, the interactive exhibition was created in response to the "popular misconception that women neither play nor create video games." It also aims to challenge visitors perceptions of what games are by exposing attendees to alternative games "that are outside the mainstream and demonstrates their capacity to convey a diverse range of ideas, experiences and emotions."
The XYZ: Alternative Voices in Game Design exhibition will run from Sunday, July 14 through to Sunday, September 1, 2013 at the Museum of Design Atlanta.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends