Rise of the Triad, Interceptor Entertainment's upcoming remake of Apogee Software's classic over-the-top first-person shooter, will launch July 31, the developer announced today.
Pre-orders for the game include a free copy of the Apogee Throwback Pack. The bundle of four classic games — Rise of the Triad: Dark War, the Extreme Rise of the Triad expansion pack, Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold and Blake Stone: Planet Strike — typically retails for $9.99 and will be available for immediate download. According to the developer, you can pre-order the $14.99 remake at Apogee's official site, Steam, GOG and Green Man Gaming.
Apogee co-founder Terry Nagy announced the remake of the 90s-era PC shooter at QuakeCon 2012. For more on the game, check out the recent trailer above and Polygon's Rise of the Triad impressions from PAX Prime.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)