Call of Duty: Ghosts pre-orderers will unlock a free multiplayer map titled Free Fall with their reservation, publisher Activision announced today.
The map will feature some of the dynamic environmental elements teased by Infinity Ward during Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference. Free Fall is set in a ruined skyscraper that has toppled and collided with another building, creating a precariously balanced battlefield where windowed walls make for fragile floors. At certain intervals, the building will fall even further, changing the layout of the map and almost certainly causing some inadvertent player fatalities.
"Dynamic map events change the way players approach the game, and Free Fall does a great job illustrating this new mechanic," wrote executive producer Mark Rubin in a press release. "As the match progresses, the geometry of the world continues to change and players need to adjust on the fly or else. It's a really fun new feature that adds layers of strategy and constantly evolving gameplay options for players. And this is just one of the many new approaches we're putting into Ghosts' multiplayer across the board."
The map will be distributed to pre-orderers at "select retailers." Call of Duty: Ghosts launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PCs Nov. 5, and next-gen consoles later this year.
- Want to pitch your indie game? Learn from the guy who's directing Star Wars VIII
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Solving Silent Hills' playable trailer
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- FIFA to crack down on Ultimate Team cheating and coin-farming
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9