Call of Duty: Ghosts pre-orderers will unlock a free multiplayer map titled Free Fall with their reservation, publisher Activision announced today.
The map will feature some of the dynamic environmental elements teased by Infinity Ward during Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference. Free Fall is set in a ruined skyscraper that has toppled and collided with another building, creating a precariously balanced battlefield where windowed walls make for fragile floors. At certain intervals, the building will fall even further, changing the layout of the map and almost certainly causing some inadvertent player fatalities.
"Dynamic map events change the way players approach the game, and Free Fall does a great job illustrating this new mechanic," wrote executive producer Mark Rubin in a press release. "As the match progresses, the geometry of the world continues to change and players need to adjust on the fly or else. It's a really fun new feature that adds layers of strategy and constantly evolving gameplay options for players. And this is just one of the many new approaches we're putting into Ghosts' multiplayer across the board."
The map will be distributed to pre-orderers at "select retailers." Call of Duty: Ghosts launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PCs Nov. 5, and next-gen consoles later this year.
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Getting a PS4
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign