Call of Duty: Ghosts pre-orderers will unlock a free multiplayer map titled Free Fall with their reservation, publisher Activision announced today.
The map will feature some of the dynamic environmental elements teased by Infinity Ward during Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference. Free Fall is set in a ruined skyscraper that has toppled and collided with another building, creating a precariously balanced battlefield where windowed walls make for fragile floors. At certain intervals, the building will fall even further, changing the layout of the map and almost certainly causing some inadvertent player fatalities.
"Dynamic map events change the way players approach the game, and Free Fall does a great job illustrating this new mechanic," wrote executive producer Mark Rubin in a press release. "As the match progresses, the geometry of the world continues to change and players need to adjust on the fly or else. It's a really fun new feature that adds layers of strategy and constantly evolving gameplay options for players. And this is just one of the many new approaches we're putting into Ghosts' multiplayer across the board."
The map will be distributed to pre-orderers at "select retailers." Call of Duty: Ghosts launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PCs Nov. 5, and next-gen consoles later this year.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?