The Pokemon Global Link service for Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 will close down Jan. 14, 2014, according to the Pokemon Global Link website.
The multiplayer feature, which allows players to battle in the "Pokemon Dream World," will cease for the games above a few months after the release of Pokemon X and Y, which is set to be released Oct. 12, 2013. The new games' Global Link service will offer some features for those who've played the sunsetting services.
"Players who have enjoyed the current Pokemon Global Link over the past few years will be able to carry over certain achievements and records to the new Pokemon Global Link for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, if they register for the new Pokemon Global Link using their existing user name," the announcement reads.
Information about the new Global Link for Pokemon X and Y is coming in the "near future," according to the website. In the meantime, you can learn more about Pokemon Black and White 2 by reading Polygon's review.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward