The Pokemon Global Link service for Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 will close down Jan. 14, 2014, according to the Pokemon Global Link website.
The multiplayer feature, which allows players to battle in the "Pokemon Dream World," will cease for the games above a few months after the release of Pokemon X and Y, which is set to be released Oct. 12, 2013. The new games' Global Link service will offer some features for those who've played the sunsetting services.
"Players who have enjoyed the current Pokemon Global Link over the past few years will be able to carry over certain achievements and records to the new Pokemon Global Link for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, if they register for the new Pokemon Global Link using their existing user name," the announcement reads.
Information about the new Global Link for Pokemon X and Y is coming in the "near future," according to the website. In the meantime, you can learn more about Pokemon Black and White 2 by reading Polygon's review.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)