The Pokemon Global Link service for Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 will close down Jan. 14, 2014, according to the Pokemon Global Link website.
The multiplayer feature, which allows players to battle in the "Pokemon Dream World," will cease for the games above a few months after the release of Pokemon X and Y, which is set to be released Oct. 12, 2013. The new games' Global Link service will offer some features for those who've played the sunsetting services.
"Players who have enjoyed the current Pokemon Global Link over the past few years will be able to carry over certain achievements and records to the new Pokemon Global Link for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, if they register for the new Pokemon Global Link using their existing user name," the announcement reads.
Information about the new Global Link for Pokemon X and Y is coming in the "near future," according to the website. In the meantime, you can learn more about Pokemon Black and White 2 by reading Polygon's review.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?