The Pokemon Global Link service for Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 will close down Jan. 14, 2014, according to the Pokemon Global Link website.
The multiplayer feature, which allows players to battle in the "Pokemon Dream World," will cease for the games above a few months after the release of Pokemon X and Y, which is set to be released Oct. 12, 2013. The new games' Global Link service will offer some features for those who've played the sunsetting services.
"Players who have enjoyed the current Pokemon Global Link over the past few years will be able to carry over certain achievements and records to the new Pokemon Global Link for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, if they register for the new Pokemon Global Link using their existing user name," the announcement reads.
Information about the new Global Link for Pokemon X and Y is coming in the "near future," according to the website. In the meantime, you can learn more about Pokemon Black and White 2 by reading Polygon's review.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us