Battlefield 3 will lead July's list of free games available to PlayStation Plus members, Sony Computer Entertainment announced today on the PlayStation Blog. Starting Tuesday, July 2, DICE and EA's shooter will join PS Plus' instant game collection.
A total of five games are expected to roll out to PS3, PlayStation Vita and PSP owners in North America in July.
- Battlefield 3 (PS3)
- Metal Slug XX (PSP, Compatible on PS Vita)
- Jet Set Radio (PS3)
- Dokuro (PS Vita)
- Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3)
Exiting the PlayStation Plus instant game collection this month are the following titles, with their expiration dates listed below.
- July 2 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- July 9 - Joe Danger 2 The Movie
- July 16 - The Cave
- July 23 - Germinator
- July 30 - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
PlayStation Plus subscribers will also get deeper discounts on a long list of games being discounted in Sony's two week-long "Summer Blast" sale on PlayStation Network.
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Report: R.B.I Baseball 14 to launch on April 10
- Prepare to run Dark Souls 2 with the PC version's system requirements
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Hack into Nedry's Jurassic Park security system
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends