Game designer Peter Molyneux will kick off this year's PAX Prime convention with the show's traditional "story time" keynote presentation, the show's organizers announced today.
Details on Molyneux's talk weren't released, but the veteran game developer's storied career, from Populous to Dungeon Keeper to Fable to the upcoming god game Godus, offers ample keynote fodder. "Peter Molyneux was like a Rockstar to me, one of the first whose games I could seek out by personal pedigree," wrote Penny Arcade's Jerry Holkins on his website. "I really, really can't wait to hear what he has to say."
Previous story time keynotes have been delivered by Insomniac Games' president Ted Price at PAX Prime 2012 and Gears of War design director Cliff Bleszinski at PAX East 2013. Later this month, Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island creator Ron Gilbert will speak at PAX Aus 2013's story time keynote.
PAX Prime will take place in Seattle, Wash. from Aug. 30 to Sept. 2.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?