Game designer Peter Molyneux will kick off this year's PAX Prime convention with the show's traditional "story time" keynote presentation, the show's organizers announced today.
Details on Molyneux's talk weren't released, but the veteran game developer's storied career, from Populous to Dungeon Keeper to Fable to the upcoming god game Godus, offers ample keynote fodder. "Peter Molyneux was like a Rockstar to me, one of the first whose games I could seek out by personal pedigree," wrote Penny Arcade's Jerry Holkins on his website. "I really, really can't wait to hear what he has to say."
Previous story time keynotes have been delivered by Insomniac Games' president Ted Price at PAX Prime 2012 and Gears of War design director Cliff Bleszinski at PAX East 2013. Later this month, Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island creator Ron Gilbert will speak at PAX Aus 2013's story time keynote.
PAX Prime will take place in Seattle, Wash. from Aug. 30 to Sept. 2.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'