Insomniac Games will release Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, an all-new single-player game that serves as an epilogue to the Future series of Ratchet games, for the PlayStation 3 later this year.
Teased earlier this week, the sixth Ratchet & Clank for PS3 will include the usual assortment of creative and bizarre weapons and gadgets Insomniac is known for, this time centered around a new theme: gravity. James Stevenson, community lead at Insomniac, writes on the PlayStation Blog that Into the Nexus players will "experience zero-g space... use gravity-defying new gadgets and... manipulate gravity to solve brand new Clank puzzles." The story-driven platformer will also continue Ratchet's personal story arc, a return to form after two entries that leaned toward multiplayer experiences.
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is being developed under the creative direction of Brian Allgeier at Insomniac, who served as creative director on Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time.
The new Ratchet & Clank will cost $29.99 — a price that belies its size, as Stevenson writes it dwarfs both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault. Into the Nexus will be released at retail and via the PlayStation Network later this year.
Here's the game's first trailer.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Got a great deal at GamesRepublic.com
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- On Patreon support
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS
- Why Pokkén Tournament is the best thing to happen to the Pokémon franchise for over a decade