Insomniac Games will release Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, an all-new single-player game that serves as an epilogue to the Future series of Ratchet games, for the PlayStation 3 later this year.
Teased earlier this week, the sixth Ratchet & Clank for PS3 will include the usual assortment of creative and bizarre weapons and gadgets Insomniac is known for, this time centered around a new theme: gravity. James Stevenson, community lead at Insomniac, writes on the PlayStation Blog that Into the Nexus players will "experience zero-g space... use gravity-defying new gadgets and... manipulate gravity to solve brand new Clank puzzles." The story-driven platformer will also continue Ratchet's personal story arc, a return to form after two entries that leaned toward multiplayer experiences.
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is being developed under the creative direction of Brian Allgeier at Insomniac, who served as creative director on Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time.
The new Ratchet & Clank will cost $29.99 — a price that belies its size, as Stevenson writes it dwarfs both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault. Into the Nexus will be released at retail and via the PlayStation Network later this year.
Here's the game's first trailer.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?