Insomniac Games will release Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, an all-new single-player game that serves as an epilogue to the Future series of Ratchet games, for the PlayStation 3 later this year.
Teased earlier this week, the sixth Ratchet & Clank for PS3 will include the usual assortment of creative and bizarre weapons and gadgets Insomniac is known for, this time centered around a new theme: gravity. James Stevenson, community lead at Insomniac, writes on the PlayStation Blog that Into the Nexus players will "experience zero-g space... use gravity-defying new gadgets and... manipulate gravity to solve brand new Clank puzzles." The story-driven platformer will also continue Ratchet's personal story arc, a return to form after two entries that leaned toward multiplayer experiences.
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is being developed under the creative direction of Brian Allgeier at Insomniac, who served as creative director on Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time.
The new Ratchet & Clank will cost $29.99 — a price that belies its size, as Stevenson writes it dwarfs both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault. Into the Nexus will be released at retail and via the PlayStation Network later this year.
Here's the game's first trailer.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31