Insomniac Games will release Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, an all-new single-player game that serves as an epilogue to the Future series of Ratchet games, for the PlayStation 3 later this year.
Teased earlier this week, the sixth Ratchet & Clank for PS3 will include the usual assortment of creative and bizarre weapons and gadgets Insomniac is known for, this time centered around a new theme: gravity. James Stevenson, community lead at Insomniac, writes on the PlayStation Blog that Into the Nexus players will "experience zero-g space... use gravity-defying new gadgets and... manipulate gravity to solve brand new Clank puzzles." The story-driven platformer will also continue Ratchet's personal story arc, a return to form after two entries that leaned toward multiplayer experiences.
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is being developed under the creative direction of Brian Allgeier at Insomniac, who served as creative director on Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time.
The new Ratchet & Clank will cost $29.99 — a price that belies its size, as Stevenson writes it dwarfs both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault. Into the Nexus will be released at retail and via the PlayStation Network later this year.
Here's the game's first trailer.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Rayman creator Michel Ancel leading new indie studio Wild Sheep, will stay at Ubisoft
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30