DuckTales Remastered, a high-definition remake of the 1989 platformer, will be available both as a downloadable title and at retail next month, publisher Capcom announced today.
The game will be available for download on PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii U and Windows PC on Aug. 13. The Xbox Live Arcade version will launch on Sept. 11. All digital versions of the game will cost $14.99.
Additionally, a boxed version of the game for PlayStation 3 including a download code and an exclusive DuckTales collector pin will launch at retail on Aug. 20. The physical version will cost $19.99.
DuckTales originally launched for the Nintendo Entertainment System, and was ported to the Game Boy in 1990. The remastered edition launching next month was first announced at PAX East 2013 during a panel hosted by Capcom.
Read how the remake is both alike and different from the original, as well as our interview with the game's producer, here. Check out the video below for the first video in Capcom's behind-the-scenes "Duckumentory" series.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?