DuckTales Remastered, a high-definition remake of the 1989 platformer, will be available both as a downloadable title and at retail next month, publisher Capcom announced today.
The game will be available for download on PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii U and Windows PC on Aug. 13. The Xbox Live Arcade version will launch on Sept. 11. All digital versions of the game will cost $14.99.
Additionally, a boxed version of the game for PlayStation 3 including a download code and an exclusive DuckTales collector pin will launch at retail on Aug. 20. The physical version will cost $19.99.
DuckTales originally launched for the Nintendo Entertainment System, and was ported to the Game Boy in 1990. The remastered edition launching next month was first announced at PAX East 2013 during a panel hosted by Capcom.
Read how the remake is both alike and different from the original, as well as our interview with the game's producer, here. Check out the video below for the first video in Capcom's behind-the-scenes "Duckumentory" series.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League