DuckTales Remastered, a high-definition remake of the 1989 platformer, will be available both as a downloadable title and at retail next month, publisher Capcom announced today.
The game will be available for download on PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii U and Windows PC on Aug. 13. The Xbox Live Arcade version will launch on Sept. 11. All digital versions of the game will cost $14.99.
Additionally, a boxed version of the game for PlayStation 3 including a download code and an exclusive DuckTales collector pin will launch at retail on Aug. 20. The physical version will cost $19.99.
DuckTales originally launched for the Nintendo Entertainment System, and was ported to the Game Boy in 1990. The remastered edition launching next month was first announced at PAX East 2013 during a panel hosted by Capcom.
Read how the remake is both alike and different from the original, as well as our interview with the game's producer, here. Check out the video below for the first video in Capcom's behind-the-scenes "Duckumentory" series.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Fenix Fire launches Kickstarter campaign for arcade adventure Source
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?