Finnish developer Rovio Entertainment is set to announce a new game on Monday, and a teaser image suggests it could be another entry into the Angry Birds Star Wars series.
The image, posted above, was revealed on Rovio's official website along with news of the upcoming announcement. The picture shows a Red Bird dressed in young Anakin Skywalker's podracing gear from Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace — and the shadow of Darth Vader's signature helmet behind him. This suggests the new game may borrow elements from the second trilogy of Star Wars films, Episode 1 through Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith.
According to the post, the new game will feature new powers, the "biggest character line-up ever" and some surprises.
Angry Birds Star Wars launched in November last year. The game features locations and loosely follows the plot of the original Star Wars trilogy: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Check out Polygon's review of the game here.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- What it's like to attend Girls Make Games, the all-girls game dev summer camp
- This laser-etched map of Zelda's Hyrule is going to sell out fast
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault