Nintendo and GameStop are giving Pikmin fans two opportunities to get their hands on Pikmin 3 earlier than normal during a weekend in-store event.
On July 20 and 21, more than 250 GameStop and EB Games stores in the United States and Canada will have a playable demo of Pikmin 3 on hand, according to an announcement from Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. Further sweetening the deal, Wii U owners who pre-order the downloadable version of Pikmin 3 at a participating GameStop or EB Games that weekend will get early access to the game. They'll have the opportunity to download the game from the Wii U eShop on Aug. 3, one day before the game's official retail release date in North America.
Pikmin 3 will be released in Japan — where the game was recently highly rated by Famitsu magazine — this weekend. The European and Australian versions will be released near the end of July.
For more on Pikmin 3, check out Polygon's recent hands-on impressions of the game's story mode, our feature interview with series creator Shigeru Miyamoto and a newly released trailer.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer