The Pokémon Company has revealed new details about two Legendary characters set to appear in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
Fairy-type Pokémon Xerneas will wield new move Geomancy, a rainbow-colored earth eruption, as well as Fairy Aura that gives power to other Fairy-types. Yveltal is a Dark- and Flying-type Pokémon that wields Oblivion Wing, a skyborne beam of red-light. Its special ability is Dark Aura, a counterpoint to Fairy Aura.
Other new Pokémon appearing in the new 3DS games, due to be launched worldwide on October 12, include...
- A feisty Fighting- and Dark chap called Pangaro, that carries a leaf in its mouth with the power to predict enemy moves.
- Fairy-type Swirlix, which, when facing Double and Triple Battles featuring Pokémon that know moves like Hypnosis, can learn the new Fairy-type move Draining Kiss, which does damage to a target while also restoring some HP to the user.
- Spritzee emits a stink that causes anyone who smells the whiff to fall under its spell. It can also learn the healing move Aromatherapy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)