The Pokémon Company has revealed new details about two Legendary characters set to appear in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
Fairy-type Pokémon Xerneas will wield new move Geomancy, a rainbow-colored earth eruption, as well as Fairy Aura that gives power to other Fairy-types. Yveltal is a Dark- and Flying-type Pokémon that wields Oblivion Wing, a skyborne beam of red-light. Its special ability is Dark Aura, a counterpoint to Fairy Aura.
Other new Pokémon appearing in the new 3DS games, due to be launched worldwide on October 12, include...
- A feisty Fighting- and Dark chap called Pangaro, that carries a leaf in its mouth with the power to predict enemy moves.
- Fairy-type Swirlix, which, when facing Double and Triple Battles featuring Pokémon that know moves like Hypnosis, can learn the new Fairy-type move Draining Kiss, which does damage to a target while also restoring some HP to the user.
- Spritzee emits a stink that causes anyone who smells the whiff to fall under its spell. It can also learn the healing move Aromatherapy.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes