The Pokémon Company has revealed new details about two Legendary characters set to appear in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
Fairy-type Pokémon Xerneas will wield new move Geomancy, a rainbow-colored earth eruption, as well as Fairy Aura that gives power to other Fairy-types. Yveltal is a Dark- and Flying-type Pokémon that wields Oblivion Wing, a skyborne beam of red-light. Its special ability is Dark Aura, a counterpoint to Fairy Aura.
Other new Pokémon appearing in the new 3DS games, due to be launched worldwide on October 12, include...
- A feisty Fighting- and Dark chap called Pangaro, that carries a leaf in its mouth with the power to predict enemy moves.
- Fairy-type Swirlix, which, when facing Double and Triple Battles featuring Pokémon that know moves like Hypnosis, can learn the new Fairy-type move Draining Kiss, which does damage to a target while also restoring some HP to the user.
- Spritzee emits a stink that causes anyone who smells the whiff to fall under its spell. It can also learn the healing move Aromatherapy.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward