Audience members turned ugly at last week's EVO 2013 tournament, according to a video posted on YouTube showing developer and manufacturer Double Helix and Mad Catz booed at the mention of Xbox One.
Representatives of both companies were on hand to show the upcoming fightstick accessories for Double Helix's reboot of Killer Instinct but ended up greeted by a room of boos when Microsoft's controversial console was mentioned by the duo.
Double Helix should be used to the drama by now. Following the announcement of Xbox One exclusive Killer Instinct, the studio was inundated with questions of why original developer Rare is not handling its development and wariness over Microsoft's decision to sell the game in a free-to-play structure. Check out our in-depth interview with the team behind the reboot on their attempt to defend the Killer Instinct reboot.
You can check out the video in full above.
Correction: The original headline of this post has been changed. Initially it stated the representatives were "booed out" which could be misinterpreted. Sorry for any confusion!
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?