Nintendo is bringing Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD and a handful of other Wii U and 3DS games to Comic-Con International this weekend, as well as to a special gaming lounge adjacent to the convention that will be open to the general public, the company announced today.
Nintendo's show floor booth in the San Diego Convention Center will focus largely on upcoming Wii U title Pikmin 3, with kiosks set up for hands-on demos.
Those without a Comic-Con badge can still gets hands-on time with a number of Nintendo games in the Nintendo Gaming Lounge, a public gaming space set up in the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina hotel next to the convention center. Playable titles include:
- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (3DS)
- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
- Disney Infinity (Wii U)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
- Just Dance 2014 (Wii U)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
- Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
- Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (Wii U)
- New Super Luigi U (Wii U)
- Pikmin 3 (Wii U)
- Rayman Legends (Wii U)
- Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS)
- Skylanders SWAP Force (Wii U)
- Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS)
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
- The Wonderful 101 (Wii U)
- Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
At both locations, Nintendo will hold a number of special events to commemorate the Year of Luigi and give out The Wonderful 101 character masks and special Luigi-themed items. Fans who dress like The Wonderful 101 characters will also be entered into a drawing to win a Wii U console and copy of the game when it launches Sept. 15.
Nintendo will also set up a Pokemon-themed area in the Nintendo Gaming Lounge for trainers interested in learning more about Pokemon X and Y.
Comic-Con International: San Diego will take place this weekend. Polygon will be in attendance providing coverage of the show.