The title character of Avalanche Studios' Mad Max does what he does best — fight with vehicles, guns and his fists — in the open-world title's first gameplay trailer, released today by publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
Ramshackle weapons like sawed-off shotguns are the norm in Mad Max's brutal post-apocalyptic world, and its inhabitants also scrape together their transportation — the vehicles that they fight each other with. We also see Max take guys down with skill in hand-to-hand combat. What we don't get to hear, however, is his voice. Avalanche originally planned to use an American accent for Max, but after a fan outcry, the studio said it will return to the movie franchise's Australian roots with Max's voice actor.
Avalanche revealed the game during Sony's E3 2013 press briefing last month with a CG trailer; it's in development on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC, and will be released in 2014. You can check out our E3 preview for more details, and peruse three new screenshots in the gallery below.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC