The title character of Avalanche Studios' Mad Max does what he does best — fight with vehicles, guns and his fists — in the open-world title's first gameplay trailer, released today by publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
Ramshackle weapons like sawed-off shotguns are the norm in Mad Max's brutal post-apocalyptic world, and its inhabitants also scrape together their transportation — the vehicles that they fight each other with. We also see Max take guys down with skill in hand-to-hand combat. What we don't get to hear, however, is his voice. Avalanche originally planned to use an American accent for Max, but after a fan outcry, the studio said it will return to the movie franchise's Australian roots with Max's voice actor.
Avalanche revealed the game during Sony's E3 2013 press briefing last month with a CG trailer; it's in development on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC, and will be released in 2014. You can check out our E3 preview for more details, and peruse three new screenshots in the gallery below.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition