Retailers are in the business of selling things fast, and few things, right now, are selling faster than launch-day Xbox One and PlayStation 4 packs.
In the war to secure units for sale, Best Buy appears to have grabbed some extra stock from Microsoft, which must dole out allocations in an attempt to keep its retail partners as happy as possible. Following the company pulling the shutters down on Xbox One on July 10, the retailer is now selling Microsoft's console (spotted by Joystiq), while stocks last, of course. It's been selling PlayStation 4 consistently.
At the weekend, GameStop re-opened its Xbox One online pre-orders for a short while, but quickly sold out. It has also sold out of PlayStation 4 Day One packs. One retailer that still has Xbox One stock is Wal-Mart, though the mega-retailer does not appear to have any launch-day PS4s.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC