Retailers are in the business of selling things fast, and few things, right now, are selling faster than launch-day Xbox One and PlayStation 4 packs.
In the war to secure units for sale, Best Buy appears to have grabbed some extra stock from Microsoft, which must dole out allocations in an attempt to keep its retail partners as happy as possible. Following the company pulling the shutters down on Xbox One on July 10, the retailer is now selling Microsoft's console (spotted by Joystiq), while stocks last, of course. It's been selling PlayStation 4 consistently.
At the weekend, GameStop re-opened its Xbox One online pre-orders for a short while, but quickly sold out. It has also sold out of PlayStation 4 Day One packs. One retailer that still has Xbox One stock is Wal-Mart, though the mega-retailer does not appear to have any launch-day PS4s.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?