Skylanders Monopoly, a version of Hasbro's classic real estate-based board game overtaken by Activision's wildly popular action figure/video game mashup series, is available now in North America.
The Skylanders-themed board game includes with 22 new Skylanders locations, including swapping Boardwalk with Thumpback's Thundering Tide Pool, Park Place with Lightning Race Track and the original game's railroads with Flynn's Blimp Tours, Air-Pirate Express, Molekin Mine Train and Dread Yacht Delivery Service. The $39.99 custom edition of Monopoly is available now at Amazon and retail stores across the U.S. and Canada.
Skylanders Monopoly is the second cross promotion for the collectible characters this year. Activision and McDonald's partnered up to bring Skylanders Giants figurines to the fast food chain in April and May. In other Monopoly news, Zynga and Hasbro announced a partnership for Zynga-themed Monopoly boards last year. You can check out Monopoly's board, cards and game pieces as interpreted by Skylanders below.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- We knew Dark Souls 2 was missing something (it's Rocky)
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer