Taylor Hicks, the singer who won the fifth season of American Idol in 2006, competed in this weekend's Evo fighting game championship and tied for 257th place in the Super Smash Bros. Melee competition.
Fighting game expert and Evo commentator Seth Killian snapped a photo of Hicks and passed on the results of the singer's attempt at Smash Bros. glory. Hicks was likely nearby, as he's the headliner at Paris Las Vegas, which sits adjacent to Bally's Hotel and Casino, Evo's 2013 location.
Nearly 700 Evo competitors registered to take part in Super Smash Bros. Melee's return to Evo as a featured tournament game.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?