Sony has relaxed its digital rights management policy for the official Video Unlimited feature on PlayStation devices, allowing console owners to re-download purchased content from the company's Video Unlimited service, the company announced today.
In a statement on its official website, Sony explained how this change in policy will affect users: "Movie rentals are available for viewing up to 30 days after purchase and can be viewed multiple times within 24 hours on the same device.
"If you purchase a copy, the video or TV show download will be available infinitely and can be transferred to other enabled devices."
Sony now allows for cloud library support and re-downloads across all devices. Prior to this, the original policy prevented users of the Video Unlimited service from ever re-downloading purchased content.
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me senpai!
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall