Sony has relaxed its digital rights management policy for the official Video Unlimited feature on PlayStation devices, allowing console owners to re-download purchased content from the company's Video Unlimited service, the company announced today.
In a statement on its official website, Sony explained how this change in policy will affect users: "Movie rentals are available for viewing up to 30 days after purchase and can be viewed multiple times within 24 hours on the same device.
"If you purchase a copy, the video or TV show download will be available infinitely and can be transferred to other enabled devices."
Sony now allows for cloud library support and re-downloads across all devices. Prior to this, the original policy prevented users of the Video Unlimited service from ever re-downloading purchased content.
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- XBOne Classifieds
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends