Sony has relaxed its digital rights management policy for the official Video Unlimited feature on PlayStation devices, allowing console owners to re-download purchased content from the company's Video Unlimited service, the company announced today.
In a statement on its official website, Sony explained how this change in policy will affect users: "Movie rentals are available for viewing up to 30 days after purchase and can be viewed multiple times within 24 hours on the same device.
"If you purchase a copy, the video or TV show download will be available infinitely and can be transferred to other enabled devices."
Sony now allows for cloud library support and re-downloads across all devices. Prior to this, the original policy prevented users of the Video Unlimited service from ever re-downloading purchased content.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant