Sony has relaxed its digital rights management policy for the official Video Unlimited feature on PlayStation devices, allowing console owners to re-download purchased content from the company's Video Unlimited service, the company announced today.
In a statement on its official website, Sony explained how this change in policy will affect users: "Movie rentals are available for viewing up to 30 days after purchase and can be viewed multiple times within 24 hours on the same device.
"If you purchase a copy, the video or TV show download will be available infinitely and can be transferred to other enabled devices."
Sony now allows for cloud library support and re-downloads across all devices. Prior to this, the original policy prevented users of the Video Unlimited service from ever re-downloading purchased content.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23