Sony Computer Entertainment announced it will be taking three PlayStation 3 games — MAG, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs. — offline early next year and ending their multiplayer service.
The three titles will have their multiplayer support come to an end Jan. 28, 2014, according to a tweet from the official PlayStation account.
Slant Six Games' SOCOM Confrontation was released for PS3 in 2008. MAG and SOCOM 4, developed by Zipper Interactive, were released in 2010 and 2011, respectively. Zipper closed its doors in 2012.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?