Rayman Legends will include updated versions of 40 levels that originally made their debut in Rayman Origins, Rayman creator Michel Ancel told Shacknews.
Ancel described these bonus levels as a collection of the "best levels" from Origins. For Legends, they have been remastered and include additional new features, as well as implement Legends' new lighting engine and touch controls for fly pal Murfy in the Wii U and PlayStation Vita versions.
According to Ancel, these levels have been modified "to make sure that players who already knew these levels would still be entertained when playing them."
The levels will be part of a bonus unlockble chapter called "Back to Origins." The team at Ubisoft Montpellier chose to include this chapter because "Rayman Origins doesn't exist on Wii U," Ancel said, and including the levels in Legends is "a way for those players to play the game in HD."
"And because it was already done, we gave them away for free," he added.
Rayman Legends will launch on Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PlayStation Vita on Sept. 3.
- Joystiq is closing and I'll miss them like hell
- Watch us use Life is Strange's time-rewinding powers in the worst possible ways
- PewDiePie attacks Nintendo for YouTube cash share plan
- Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered revives Quantic Dream's game for PC, mobile
- Left Behind Games executive fined millions by the SEC, banned from trading stock
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: noheaderdefined (Friday, Jan. 30)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 7 - Heroes, Legends, ...Cats?
- Heroes of the Storm Contest On Hold - Please Read
- A PROBLEM WITH THE CODE: has already been exchange or been claimed
- Final Day: Want to get into the Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta?