Alexander J. Velicky, a 19-year-old modder and aspiring Bethesda Softworks employee, spent a year creating a gigantic mod for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, hoping it would help him score a job with the developer.
The mod, called Falskaar, adds more than 20 hours of content, new voice-acted characters, quests, music, expands the realm by a third and more.
Velicky told PC Gamer that his father supported him as he worked on the mod exclusively, and he was able to spend 2,000 hours creating the mod over the last year.
"The best way to show Bethesda Game Studios that I want a job there and should be hired is to create content that meets the standards of their incredible development team," Velicky said.
Falskaar 1.0.0 is available at Nexus Mods, where it's been downloaded over 36,000 times since its weekend release. You can also see a handful of screenshots and download the mod's original soundtrack at Nexus Mods and hit play to watch an overview of the massive mod in the video above.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?