Vanguard Games and 343 Industries' twin-stick-style, top-down arcade shooter, Halo: Spartan Assault will launch worldwide on July 18 for Windows 8-operated PCs, mobiles and tablets, according the Halo Waypoint website.
In the U.S., the mobile version will be exclusive on Verizon Wireless until Aug. 16. According to the website, 1 GB RAM is required to run the game on Windows Phone 8 devices and a "Version supporting 512 MB RAM [on] Windows Phone 8 [is] coming August 2013."
Set between the events of Halo 3 and Halo 4, including the early days of the Spartan Ops program, the game will feature 25 missions and in-app purchases. For information about Halo: Spartan Assault, be sure to read our hands-on preview.
San Diego Comic-Con attendees can get hands-on with Halo: Spartan Assault and Xbox One games, including Ryse: Son of Rome and Killer Instinct, at Microsoft's booth, #100. Xbox One and Xbox 360 games will also be playable at Microsoft's offsite gaming lounge, in the Manchester Ballroom of the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego hotel. San Diego Comic-Con will take place from July 17-21. Polygon will be in attendance at Comic-Con to bring you all the latest video game news from the show.
Thank you, Cornelius Donley.
Update: Halo: Spartan Assault will launch today, July 18 at 4 p.m. PT, 343 Industries officially announced at Comic-Con today.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Game development
- Getting a PS4
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?