Vanguard Games and 343 Industries' twin-stick-style, top-down arcade shooter, Halo: Spartan Assault will launch worldwide on July 18 for Windows 8-operated PCs, mobiles and tablets, according the Halo Waypoint website.
In the U.S., the mobile version will be exclusive on Verizon Wireless until Aug. 16. According to the website, 1 GB RAM is required to run the game on Windows Phone 8 devices and a "Version supporting 512 MB RAM [on] Windows Phone 8 [is] coming August 2013."
Set between the events of Halo 3 and Halo 4, including the early days of the Spartan Ops program, the game will feature 25 missions and in-app purchases. For information about Halo: Spartan Assault, be sure to read our hands-on preview.
San Diego Comic-Con attendees can get hands-on with Halo: Spartan Assault and Xbox One games, including Ryse: Son of Rome and Killer Instinct, at Microsoft's booth, #100. Xbox One and Xbox 360 games will also be playable at Microsoft's offsite gaming lounge, in the Manchester Ballroom of the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego hotel. San Diego Comic-Con will take place from July 17-21. Polygon will be in attendance at Comic-Con to bring you all the latest video game news from the show.
Thank you, Cornelius Donley.
Update: Halo: Spartan Assault will launch today, July 18 at 4 p.m. PT, 343 Industries officially announced at Comic-Con today.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!