Firefly Online, a social online role-playing game based on cult TV series Firefly, is currently in development and slated to launch on iOS and Android-based smartphones and tablets during the summer of 2014, Fox Digital Entertainment revealed at San Diego Comic Con today.
Developed by QMXi and Spark Plug Games, players take on the role of a captain, who must recruit ship crew and lead missions, while trading with other players. Firefly Online features customizable ships and cross-platform functionality.
"At QMx, we know firsthand how great and powerful a franchise Firefly is and how mighty the Browncoats are," said Andy Gore, CEO of QMXi and Quantum Mechanix Inc. "It has always been our mission to bring the Verse to life for our customers in every way possible. The idea of creating an interactive experience where fans can have their own Firefly adventures — well, that's just too shiny for words."
"We are thrilled to be partnering with QMx on Firefly Online," said Matt McMahon, VP of mobile for Fox Digital Entertainment. "QMx has a long and successful history with Firefly and we couldn't think of a better partner to make a truly innovative game that will stand up in the Verse and to its passionate fans."
Interested parties are invited to preregister on the game's official website to find out more information.
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Xbox One controllers are compatible with PC despite rumors to the contrary, says Penello
- 'True Detective' proves the genius of Frog Fractions, and the power of secrets
- Road Not Taken's changing environments will warn of dangers to come
- Life after Titanfall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: P2D/P4T (15-16 Mar)
- Is Titanfall fun on PC?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Sound loop bug
- Contest: "A Haiku for Strider" (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Let's have an impromptu game night! March 16th!
- Game (Controller) Theory: Why Is It Wrong to Have Analog Buttons?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant