The upcoming PlayStation 4 console will support previous generation PlayStation 3 wireless headsets, a Sony official at San Diego Comic-Con told Polygon.
PS4 consoles will still ship with their own mono headset in earbud form — comparatively, late last month Microsoft confirmed no Xbox One headset will be included in the base system of the console as the system will instead emphasize Kinect-driven voice inputs. Unlike PS4, previous-generation headsets will not be compatible with Xbox One controllers due to a new headset adapter port.
PlayStation 4 is slated to release this November for $399. Sony is debuting the console during this week's Comic-Con International: San Diego, giving attendees the opportunity to go hands-on with the next-gen system.
We've reached out to Sony for full confirmation and will update the piece when further information is available.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)