The upcoming PlayStation 4 console will support previous generation PlayStation 3 wireless headsets, a Sony official at San Diego Comic-Con told Polygon.
PS4 consoles will still ship with their own mono headset in earbud form — comparatively, late last month Microsoft confirmed no Xbox One headset will be included in the base system of the console as the system will instead emphasize Kinect-driven voice inputs. Unlike PS4, previous-generation headsets will not be compatible with Xbox One controllers due to a new headset adapter port.
PlayStation 4 is slated to release this November for $399. Sony is debuting the console during this week's Comic-Con International: San Diego, giving attendees the opportunity to go hands-on with the next-gen system.
We've reached out to Sony for full confirmation and will update the piece when further information is available.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse