The upcoming PlayStation 4 console will support previous generation PlayStation 3 wireless headsets, a Sony official at San Diego Comic-Con told Polygon.
PS4 consoles will still ship with their own mono headset in earbud form — comparatively, late last month Microsoft confirmed no Xbox One headset will be included in the base system of the console as the system will instead emphasize Kinect-driven voice inputs. Unlike PS4, previous-generation headsets will not be compatible with Xbox One controllers due to a new headset adapter port.
PlayStation 4 is slated to release this November for $399. Sony is debuting the console during this week's Comic-Con International: San Diego, giving attendees the opportunity to go hands-on with the next-gen system.
We've reached out to Sony for full confirmation and will update the piece when further information is available.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?