At Comic-Con today, WB Games Montreal and DC revealed the latest villain bound for Batman: Arkham Origins, the assassin Copperhead. The snake-themed enemy, first introduced in 1968, will make an appearance in Origins as a lithe female assassin.
During today's panel, WB Games Montreal's Eric Holmes debuted video of Copperhead in action, revealing her to be a slinky, predatory contortionist with razor sharp claws. Holmes said that Copperhead's motion capture in the cut scene — in which she battles and stalks Batman — required three performers, including a trained martial artist and a Cirque du Soleil acrobat.
DC Comic's Geoff Johns said that Batman: Arkham Origins' take on Copperhead has inspired the character to be more heavily featured in her female form in upcoming mainstream DC titles.
Batman: Arkham Origins will be released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC and Wii U on Oct. 25, the same day that Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate comes to Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?