At Comic-Con today, WB Games Montreal and DC revealed the latest villain bound for Batman: Arkham Origins, the assassin Copperhead. The snake-themed enemy, first introduced in 1968, will make an appearance in Origins as a lithe female assassin.
During today's panel, WB Games Montreal's Eric Holmes debuted video of Copperhead in action, revealing her to be a slinky, predatory contortionist with razor sharp claws. Holmes said that Copperhead's motion capture in the cut scene — in which she battles and stalks Batman — required three performers, including a trained martial artist and a Cirque du Soleil acrobat.
DC Comic's Geoff Johns said that Batman: Arkham Origins' take on Copperhead has inspired the character to be more heavily featured in her female form in upcoming mainstream DC titles.
Batman: Arkham Origins will be released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC and Wii U on Oct. 25, the same day that Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate comes to Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21