At Comic-Con today, WB Games Montreal and DC revealed the latest villain bound for Batman: Arkham Origins, the assassin Copperhead. The snake-themed enemy, first introduced in 1968, will make an appearance in Origins as a lithe female assassin.
During today's panel, WB Games Montreal's Eric Holmes debuted video of Copperhead in action, revealing her to be a slinky, predatory contortionist with razor sharp claws. Holmes said that Copperhead's motion capture in the cut scene — in which she battles and stalks Batman — required three performers, including a trained martial artist and a Cirque du Soleil acrobat.
DC Comic's Geoff Johns said that Batman: Arkham Origins' take on Copperhead has inspired the character to be more heavily featured in her female form in upcoming mainstream DC titles.
Batman: Arkham Origins will be released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC and Wii U on Oct. 25, the same day that Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate comes to Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta