Namco Bandai offered a first look at the next Soulcalibur game at San Diego Comic-Con today, a high-definition update to Soulcalibur 2.
The HD update to Soulcalibur 2 appears to be a straight and faithful port of the 2003 fighting game and is bound for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The original console port of Soulcalibur 2, which came to PS2, Xbox and GameCube, featured three guest characters: Tekken's Heihachi, The Legend of Zelda's Link and Todd McFarlane's Spawn. In a teaser trailer shown at Comic-Con, only Heihachi was featured.
Soulcalibur 2's HD re-release will feature the original game's many modes, including Arcade, Survival, VS Battle, Time Attack, Survival, Team Battle, Practice and Weapon Master.
Following the announcement of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada announced that Masaaki Hoshino would serve as producer on the Soulcalibur series going forward.
Soulcalibur 2 HD Online is coming to consoles this fall. Check out the trailer below.
In This StoryStream
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21