Namco Bandai offered a first look at the next Soulcalibur game at San Diego Comic-Con today, a high-definition update to Soulcalibur 2.
The HD update to Soulcalibur 2 appears to be a straight and faithful port of the 2003 fighting game and is bound for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The original console port of Soulcalibur 2, which came to PS2, Xbox and GameCube, featured three guest characters: Tekken's Heihachi, The Legend of Zelda's Link and Todd McFarlane's Spawn. In a teaser trailer shown at Comic-Con, only Heihachi was featured.
Soulcalibur 2's HD re-release will feature the original game's many modes, including Arcade, Survival, VS Battle, Time Attack, Survival, Team Battle, Practice and Weapon Master.
Following the announcement of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada announced that Masaaki Hoshino would serve as producer on the Soulcalibur series going forward.
Soulcalibur 2 HD Online is coming to consoles this fall. Check out the trailer below.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)