Namco Bandai offered a first look at the next Soulcalibur game at San Diego Comic-Con today, a high-definition update to Soulcalibur 2.
The HD update to Soulcalibur 2 appears to be a straight and faithful port of the 2003 fighting game and is bound for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The original console port of Soulcalibur 2, which came to PS2, Xbox and GameCube, featured three guest characters: Tekken's Heihachi, The Legend of Zelda's Link and Todd McFarlane's Spawn. In a teaser trailer shown at Comic-Con, only Heihachi was featured.
Soulcalibur 2's HD re-release will feature the original game's many modes, including Arcade, Survival, VS Battle, Time Attack, Survival, Team Battle, Practice and Weapon Master.
Following the announcement of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada announced that Masaaki Hoshino would serve as producer on the Soulcalibur series going forward.
Soulcalibur 2 HD Online is coming to consoles this fall. Check out the trailer below.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC