The E3 2013 Game Critics Award winners have been announced, with Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall taking home the award in all six of its nominated categories including Best in Show.
Respawn's mech shooter broke the previous win record held by Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, which won all five of its category nominations at E3 2012. No other winner for the 2013 awards took home more than one award. The award for best hardware or peripheral went to the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, beating both Sony and Microsoft's next-generation consoles, the Nvidia Shield and Razer's Blade.
Nominees for the awards were announced last week. Check out the full list of winners below.
- Best of Show: Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment/Electronic Arts)
- Best Original Game: Titanfall
- Best Console Game: Titanfall
- Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Tearaway (Media Molecule/Sony Computer Entertainment of America)
- Best PC Game: Titanfall
- Best Hardware/Peripheral: Oculus Rift (Oculus VR)
- Best Action Game: Titanfall
- Best Action/Adventure Game: Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal/Ubisoft)
- Best Role Playing Game: The Elder Scrolls Online (Zenimax Online/Bethesda Softworks)
- Best Racing Game: Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games/Electronic Arts)
- Best Sports Game: NHL 14 (EA Canada/EA Sports)
- Best Strategy Game: Total War: Rome 2 (The Creative Assembly/Sega)
- Best Social/Casual Game: Fantasia: Music Evolved (Harmonix/Disney Interactive)
- Best Online Multiplayer: Titanfall
- Best Downloadable Game: Transistor (Supergiant Games)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- On Patreon support
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League