The LittleBigPlanet community has now created more than 8 million levels across all the games in the series, said franchise creator developer Media Molecule yesterday.
The milestone comes less than one year after the total number of levels reached 7 million, which happened last August, although the pace of growth has slowed — the community went from 6 million to 7 million levels between January and August 2012, a span of less than eight months.
According to Steven Isbell, community coordinator for LittleBigPlanet, the series' next major landmark is its five-year anniversary this October. The release of the original LittleBigPlanet on PlayStation 3 in October 2008 kicked off the franchise, which continued with LittleBigPlanet on PlayStation Portable in November 2009, LittleBigPlanet 2 on PS3 in January 2011, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita in September 2012 and LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3 in November 2012.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4