The LittleBigPlanet community has now created more than 8 million levels across all the games in the series, said franchise creator developer Media Molecule yesterday.
The milestone comes less than one year after the total number of levels reached 7 million, which happened last August, although the pace of growth has slowed — the community went from 6 million to 7 million levels between January and August 2012, a span of less than eight months.
According to Steven Isbell, community coordinator for LittleBigPlanet, the series' next major landmark is its five-year anniversary this October. The release of the original LittleBigPlanet on PlayStation 3 in October 2008 kicked off the franchise, which continued with LittleBigPlanet on PlayStation Portable in November 2009, LittleBigPlanet 2 on PS3 in January 2011, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita in September 2012 and LittleBigPlanet Karting on PS3 in November 2012.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell