Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. offered a first look at the long in development film based on World of Warcraft at Comic-Con today, showing a reveal trailer of the movie that will simply be titled Warcraft.
The teaser, a mix of live action and computer-generated effects, appeared to take place in a desert field outside of Hellfire and featured an armored human warrior drinking potion and drawing a sword just before battling a hammer-wielding orc.
Moon and Source Code director Duncan Jones will helm the Warcraft film adaptation, which is scheduled to begin shooting in early 2014, he said. Jones told Comic-Con attendees that he's been waiting for the opportunity to do the film for a long time and is excited to enter the world of Azeroth.
Prior to Jones' involvement, the World of Warcraft movie was planned to film under director Sam Raimi. He departed the project after undertaking the filming of Oz: The Great and Powerful.
A Blizzard representative told Polygon there are "no plans to release the mood piece shown" at Comic-Con.
"We are excited about the Warcraft movie, which begins production in 2014, and we look forward to sharing more in the future," the company said in a statement.
Johnathan Eustice contributed to this report.
In This StoryStream
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us