Valve's Interactive Compendium, a virtual book that keeps Dota 2 players updated on competitions and more, has been updated to include fantasy teams, player cards, predictions and new rewards.
The developer announced the changes via a blog post on the Dota 2 website. According to the post, Valve has been adding new features for the last two months. Users can now assemble a fantasy team of players from those attending The International competitions. After each tournament is through, players earn points depending on how well their fantasy team's real-life counterparts performed.
The new systems encourage player interactivity as well. With player trading cards, users can collect, trade and stamp cards of their favorite players. The Interactive Compendium's prediction system also allows users and their friends to make predictions on upcoming matches.
Compendium users will also receive several bonuses, including a limited time 125 percent XP battle bonus — which lasts until the International is over — and new customization options.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development