Xbox One launch title Forza Motorsport 5 will not require a one-off connection to Xbox Live in order to play it, Turn 10 Studios head Dan Greenawalt clarified with IGN, but the game will require a connection at some point in order to finish the career mode.
""In the beginning of the game, the player will be racing against Drivatars that are contained on the disc and were trained by the [Turn 10 development] team," Greenawalt told IGN. "While playing, the player will be asked to connect to Live in order to download a completely fresh set of player-created Drivatar opponents - it's not a lot of data, but the download contains enough Drivatars to cover all difficulty settings. Connecting will also download new content - but the vast majority of the launch content is contained on the disc.
"This download is simply additional cars and tracks. The gameplay is not blocked while downloading the additional content; it's done in the background just like disc install."
Last week, it was reported that Forza 5 will require a connection to Xbox Live before users can play it. However, the entire game still won't be on the disc and will require users to download the rest from Xbox Live.
We have reached out to Microsoft for further clarification and confirmation about the matter. For more about Forza 5, be sure to read our hands-on preview with the game where we also have a chat with Greenawalt.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too