Stay calm: This episode is spoiler-free.
Too often filming Cooperatives can feel like sucking marrow from a bone. Few games have a lot to say, and fewer still say something as concisely, eloquently and intelligently as The Last of Us. Our conversation barely breaks skin on a game that warrants a full autopsy.
How did Naughty Dog do it? How did the animators make Ellie's characterizations so believable? How did the designers create a world so sprawling and twisted and not need to include a mini-map? How did the writers stick the ending? The more I think about the game, the more it feels like a series of technical sleight of hands, gracefully guiding the player from the prologue to the climax.
So, this won't be the last time we discuss The Last of Us. Both Frushtick and I look forward to taking a plunge into opinion pieces. Until then, enjoy watching two goofballs struggle through something spectacular in under five-minutes of stream of consciousness buffoonery.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?