The first downloadable add-on for Saints Row 4 will offer a "pastiche of all the things that were cut out of the game," Volition creative director Steve Jaros said at Comic-Con, and will be presented mockumentary-style with the game's characters explaining why the developer pared down certain features.
Those nixed features include things like a flying, fire-breathing dragon and a Bollywood-style dance number, content that proved to be too resource-intensive for Saints Row 4. The game's first downloadable content, titled Enter the Dominatrix, is expected about six weeks after Saints Row 4 launches on Aug. 20.
Enter the Dominatrix was previously the name of a planned expansion to Saints Row: The Third before former publisher THQ and Volition opted to develop a full sequel. The "director's cut" version of Enter the Dominatrix was first announced in April.
Jaros sounded even more excited about the game's second batch of DLC, saying, "I just wrote the cutscenes for that one, and in all honesty, it's my favorite thing I've ever done for the franchise."
During the "Saints Row Super Dangerous Wub Wub Panel," voice actor Yuri Lowenthal joked that there was another downloadable add-on planned "in which the Saints have to go back in time and save THQ" from bankruptcy, with Jaros adding, "It's a forced fail, though."
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?