Sony's PlayStation 4 recently passed certification through the Federal Communications Commission, according to documents on the FCC's website.
The FCC regulates communications via radio, television and more; with its certification, the system is approved for U.S. sale. The documents reveal little about the console other than a few technical details, such as its size, weight and "maximum clock frequency" of 2.75GHz.
The PS4 dev kit was approved by the FCC about a week ago.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart