Sony's PlayStation 4 recently passed certification through the Federal Communications Commission, according to documents on the FCC's website.
The FCC regulates communications via radio, television and more; with its certification, the system is approved for U.S. sale. The documents reveal little about the console other than a few technical details, such as its size, weight and "maximum clock frequency" of 2.75GHz.
The PS4 dev kit was approved by the FCC about a week ago.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward