Behold Studios, the team behind the cheeky turn-based RPG Knights of Pen and Paper, is turning to Kickstarter to fund its next project: a simulation/turn-based strategy game called Chroma Squad.
Like the studio's last game, which had you playing a group of RPG archetypes and the dungeon master leading them on their journey, Chroma Squad is a metaphysical experience. The title casts you as the manager for a sentai television studio, letting you cast actors and stuntmen, hire a crew and purchase equipment to create your own, Power Rangers-esque TV show. You'll be able to customize every element of the production, and — once the cameras are rolling — control your cast of five combatants in a dramatic, turn-based battle.
Check out the video above to see the game in action, and to hear the Brazil-based studio's full pitch. The team is seeking $55,000 to fund the title, and is already nearly halfway there after just two days of fundraising. Behold hopes to launch the title in Dec. 2013 for Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and possibly on Ouya and PlayStation Network.
For more on the team behind the game, check out our interview with Behold Studios from earlier this year.
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27