Borderlands 2's upcoming Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 and subsequent downloadable content will not be included for season pass holders because "that season has ended," Gearbox told Polygon today.
According to Gearbox, the company has "been clear from the beginning" that the Borderlands 2 Season Pass would only include four add-on campaigns. There are no current plans for a second season pass.
"In April we celebrated the success of Borderlands 2 by thanking our most passionate fans, the Season Pass holders, by including the first Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack in the Season Pass," Gearbox said. "We were excited to give Season Pass holders $45 of value instead of the original promise of $40. Through the course of our grand experiment, we've also learned that fans are happy with an a la cart menu for DLC because they can pick and choose the content that they most want to buy and really customize their Borderlands 2 experience."
The developer will continue to release content beyond that original pass because fans have asked for it, Gearbox said. Additional content is expected after the Vault Hunter Upgrade, including additional heads and skin packs.
"They're voting with their wallets — and we are grateful that there are enough of them asking that we can justify the cost of developing the content," Gearbox said.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- On Patreon support
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page