"In just a few hours, we will finally be live ALL around the world. That's right, Australia. We're rolling out in the wee hours, our time," the update states. "It will take time to propogate, and so even though some of you may see it at 5 PM AWST/7 PM AEST, it may take longer for everyone to see it. Tomorrow will be our official Australian release party. If you live in that fine country, get ready to survive."
"Apparently it is available right now for some Australians. Check in if you've got the download started!"
The original game submitted by Undead Labs was refused classification by the Board late last month under the "Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games," because the title features use of "illicit or proscribed drug use" as incentives in the game, which is prohibited by the guidelines.
State of Decay launched worldwide on June 5 on Xbox Live Arcade. It didn't launch in Australia as intended because of a delay with the country's Board. Upcoming DLC, an add-on sandbox mode to test how long players can survive a zombie apocalypse without the limitations imposed by a storyline, is expected soon.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?