Battlefield 4's Battlelog will incorporate a second screen into play, allowing users to utilize a tablet as a dynamic mini-map during matches, or as a stat-tracking social tool on-the-go, as revealed in a new video.
According to producer Oskar Gabrielson, the team wanted to use devices such as smartphones and tablets into the game's experience. Players can log onto Battlelog remotely to find out what friends are playing, scroll through loadouts and more. During play, a tablet or compatible device can also act as a mini-map where players can set attack points. Battlelog can also be used to select and join new servers. Check out the video above to see it in action.
Battlefield 4 will take place across the world, stopping in locations such as Azerbaijan, Singapore and Shanghai. The game is slated for launch Oct. 29 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Release dates for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will follow.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.