Battlefield 4's Battlelog will incorporate a second screen into play, allowing users to utilize a tablet as a dynamic mini-map during matches, or as a stat-tracking social tool on-the-go, as revealed in a new video.
According to producer Oskar Gabrielson, the team wanted to use devices such as smartphones and tablets into the game's experience. Players can log onto Battlelog remotely to find out what friends are playing, scroll through loadouts and more. During play, a tablet or compatible device can also act as a mini-map where players can set attack points. Battlelog can also be used to select and join new servers. Check out the video above to see it in action.
Battlefield 4 will take place across the world, stopping in locations such as Azerbaijan, Singapore and Shanghai. The game is slated for launch Oct. 29 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Release dates for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will follow.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?