Rare's first game for Xbox One, Kinect Sports Rivals, won't make the next-generation console's launch, according to an update from Microsoft today. Previously planned for a holiday 2013 release, the game is now listed for a release during spring 2014.
A Microsoft representative confirmed the delay to Polygon, saying that the game was pushed back so developer Rare had extra time to polish the title and release Kinect Sports Rivals without compromising the game's quality. The Xbox One game will be playable for the first time at PAX Prime and Gamescom in August.
Microsoft Studios and Rare announced Kinect Sports Rivals at E3 2013 as one of the "Day One" titles for the new Xbox. The game will feature six sporty activities: climbing, wake racing, soccer, target shooting, bowling and tennis.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy