The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the next entry in CD Projekt Red's acclaimed role-playing game series, will be distributed in North America by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, the latter company announced today.
"Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is an extremely valuable partner for us because of their experience and established position on the American market, which is crucial to CD Projekt's further rapid development," said Adam Kicinski, the studio's president, in a press release announcing the distribution deal. "We're very happy that our partners share our faith in The Witcher 3's success and are ready to become fully engaged in providing promotion and sales support for the franchise in North America."
This is not Warner Bros.' first association with The Witcher — the company published the Enhanced Edition of the previous game in the franchise, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, in North America in April 2012.
Update: A Warner Bros. representative confirmed to Polygon that the company is just distributing The Witcher 3 in North America; CD Projekt is publishing the game. We've edited the story to reflect this.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom announced, has kind of a Zelda vibe