Earth Defense Force 2025 is the must-own game of the summer — ahem!
Excuse me — ahem! — sorry, something's caught in my throat. Ahem! Right. Where were we? Oh. Yes. Earth Defense Force 2025 is the must-own game of the summer if you live in Japan.
The latest in the alien-blasting, city demolishing series debuted on July 4 with a healthy 177,000 units sold, and was only released in a single country: Japan.
The game won't arrive in the United States and Europe until early 2014, and by then I imagine the hardcore gamers that care about obscure, graphically-lacking B-movie simulators will have moved on to the warm arms of their next-generation hardware.
Now — before were overwhelmed by Xbox One's and PlayStation 4's — is the perfect time to experience Earth Defense Force 2025. That leaves you three options.
1.) Import a region-free copy of Earth Defense Force 4 (the game's title in Japan) for PS3.
2.) Create a Japanese PSN account, import a Japanese PSN card and digitally download Earth Defense Force 4.
3.) Grab a controller, press play on the video above and live vicariously through my experience via some abstract form of mixed-media performance art.
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Getting a PS4
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console