Earth Defense Force 2025 is the must-own game of the summer — ahem!
Excuse me — ahem! — sorry, something's caught in my throat. Ahem! Right. Where were we? Oh. Yes. Earth Defense Force 2025 is the must-own game of the summer if you live in Japan.
The latest in the alien-blasting, city demolishing series debuted on July 4 with a healthy 177,000 units sold, and was only released in a single country: Japan.
The game won't arrive in the United States and Europe until early 2014, and by then I imagine the hardcore gamers that care about obscure, graphically-lacking B-movie simulators will have moved on to the warm arms of their next-generation hardware.
Now — before were overwhelmed by Xbox One's and PlayStation 4's — is the perfect time to experience Earth Defense Force 2025. That leaves you three options.
1.) Import a region-free copy of Earth Defense Force 4 (the game's title in Japan) for PS3.
2.) Create a Japanese PSN account, import a Japanese PSN card and digitally download Earth Defense Force 4.
3.) Grab a controller, press play on the video above and live vicariously through my experience via some abstract form of mixed-media performance art.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?