Earth Defense Force 2025 is the must-own game of the summer — ahem!
Excuse me — ahem! — sorry, something's caught in my throat. Ahem! Right. Where were we? Oh. Yes. Earth Defense Force 2025 is the must-own game of the summer if you live in Japan.
The latest in the alien-blasting, city demolishing series debuted on July 4 with a healthy 177,000 units sold, and was only released in a single country: Japan.
The game won't arrive in the United States and Europe until early 2014, and by then I imagine the hardcore gamers that care about obscure, graphically-lacking B-movie simulators will have moved on to the warm arms of their next-generation hardware.
Now — before were overwhelmed by Xbox One's and PlayStation 4's — is the perfect time to experience Earth Defense Force 2025. That leaves you three options.
1.) Import a region-free copy of Earth Defense Force 4 (the game's title in Japan) for PS3.
2.) Create a Japanese PSN account, import a Japanese PSN card and digitally download Earth Defense Force 4.
3.) Grab a controller, press play on the video above and live vicariously through my experience via some abstract form of mixed-media performance art.
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II