Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP launched in spring 2011 on iOS and has since reached more than 1.5 million copies sold on five platforms, and developer Capybara Games released an infographic today with details of the adventure game's sales history.
More than 550,000 of Capybara's 1.5 million unit sales, one-third, have come on iOS. And partly because 86 percent of those iOS copies were sold at full price, the company has received 55 percent of the game's total net revenue on that platform alone.
On the other hand, Capybara has recorded relatively low sales of the game's Android version through Google Play, with only 5 percent of total sales and 5 percent of total net revenue coming from Google's app store. And even then, just 23 percent of the Google Play purchases were made at full price.
But Android as a whole is a major chunk of Capybara's revenue thanks to Sword & Sworcery's availability in two consecutive Humble Android Bundles: The fourth provided 12 percent of the game's total unit sales, and the fifth provided 9 percent. That brings Android up to 26 percent of total sales by platform.
The largest chunk of Sword & Sworcery unit sales didn't even come from a specific platform, but a promotion: the Humble Indie Bundle 5, which remains the most popular Humble Bundle of all time. According to the infographic, 34 percent of the game's total sales came from that bundle, and it provided 16 percent of total net revenue.
You can check out the full infographic below.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today