Microsoft will host a Showcase Event at Gamescom 2013 on Aug. 20, where specifics of the company's self-publishing policies for Xbox One will be disclosed.
Microsoft corporate vice presidents Phil Spencer and Phil Harrison will co-host the event, which will take place at Dock One in Cologne, Germany. Earlier this week, Marc Whitten, corporate vice president of Xbox, said that the company would have "more details" about the Xbox One's self-publishing capabilities to share at Gamescom.
Microsoft chose not to participate in Gamescom 2012, but confirmed earlier this year that it would attend Gamescom 2013, where the recently delayed Kinect Sports Rivals will be playable. Microsoft will also be at the Tokyo Game Show later this year.
Early last month, reports surfaced that Microsoft would hold a press conference at Gamescom this year, the first since 2005. Gamescom 2013 will take place in Cologne, Germany Aug. 21-25, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23