In response to a question asking if the PS Vita "Can be used as a second controller on the PS4," Yoshida responded, "In a normal sense, no. Unless a game is specifically programmed to allow such use of PS Vita."
@InsideEddie Hey BRO! In a normal sense, no. Unless a game is specifically programmed to allow such use of PS Vita.— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) July 26, 2013
In May, Yoshida confirmed a report saying that Remote Play support would be mandated for all PS4 games. That feature, which debuted on PlayStation 3, allows games to be streamed to a PS Vita from a PlayStation console via Wi-Fi. At the event in which Sony unveiled the PS4 in February, it also announced a goal to make all PS4 games available on PS Vita.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- CounterSpy hits PlayStation platforms on August 19
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?