In response to a question asking if the PS Vita "Can be used as a second controller on the PS4," Yoshida responded, "In a normal sense, no. Unless a game is specifically programmed to allow such use of PS Vita."
@InsideEddie Hey BRO! In a normal sense, no. Unless a game is specifically programmed to allow such use of PS Vita.— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) July 26, 2013
In May, Yoshida confirmed a report saying that Remote Play support would be mandated for all PS4 games. That feature, which debuted on PlayStation 3, allows games to be streamed to a PS Vita from a PlayStation console via Wi-Fi. At the event in which Sony unveiled the PS4 in February, it also announced a goal to make all PS4 games available on PS Vita.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?