In response to a question asking if the PS Vita "Can be used as a second controller on the PS4," Yoshida responded, "In a normal sense, no. Unless a game is specifically programmed to allow such use of PS Vita."
@InsideEddie Hey BRO! In a normal sense, no. Unless a game is specifically programmed to allow such use of PS Vita.— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) July 26, 2013
In May, Yoshida confirmed a report saying that Remote Play support would be mandated for all PS4 games. That feature, which debuted on PlayStation 3, allows games to be streamed to a PS Vita from a PlayStation console via Wi-Fi. At the event in which Sony unveiled the PS4 in February, it also announced a goal to make all PS4 games available on PS Vita.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible