In response to a question asking if the PS Vita "Can be used as a second controller on the PS4," Yoshida responded, "In a normal sense, no. Unless a game is specifically programmed to allow such use of PS Vita."
@InsideEddie Hey BRO! In a normal sense, no. Unless a game is specifically programmed to allow such use of PS Vita.— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) July 26, 2013
In May, Yoshida confirmed a report saying that Remote Play support would be mandated for all PS4 games. That feature, which debuted on PlayStation 3, allows games to be streamed to a PS Vita from a PlayStation console via Wi-Fi. At the event in which Sony unveiled the PS4 in February, it also announced a goal to make all PS4 games available on PS Vita.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?