The theme of this week's Besties is giant monsters. The gang discusses kaiju, space ants and malevolent monolithic mega corps from the not-so-distant future.
Like the summer's big films, a number of recent game releases are sci-fi allegories about the way we live now. Or in the case of Attack of the Friday Monsters, the way we lived way back when.
We also talk about the week's big news: Microsoft's indie marketplace strategy.
But the monsters are the thrust of the episode. I should probably mention there's another large monster that makes an appearance. It's possible you've met him before. He's from New York and has a long neck. I'll let him introduce himself.
- 3:30 - Best latest strategy update from Microsoft (Xbox One indie self-publishing)
- 15:00 - Best game you can't buy in the US (Earth Defense Force 4)
- 22:15 - Halftime!
- 28:20 - Best game you can buy in the US, unexpectedly (Attack of the Friday Monsters)
- 37:05 - Best mechanic with the worst implementation (Remember Me)
- 45:15 - The winner is ...
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!