The theme of this week's Besties is giant monsters. The gang discusses kaiju, space ants and malevolent monolithic mega corps from the not-so-distant future.
Like the summer's big films, a number of recent game releases are sci-fi allegories about the way we live now. Or in the case of Attack of the Friday Monsters, the way we lived way back when.
We also talk about the week's big news: Microsoft's indie marketplace strategy.
But the monsters are the thrust of the episode. I should probably mention there's another large monster that makes an appearance. It's possible you've met him before. He's from New York and has a long neck. I'll let him introduce himself.
- 3:30 - Best latest strategy update from Microsoft (Xbox One indie self-publishing)
- 15:00 - Best game you can't buy in the US (Earth Defense Force 4)
- 22:15 - Halftime!
- 28:20 - Best game you can buy in the US, unexpectedly (Attack of the Friday Monsters)
- 37:05 - Best mechanic with the worst implementation (Remember Me)
- 45:15 - The winner is ...
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?