Speaking with the publication, the actor compared his recent role in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon as Sergeant Rex Colt to his reprisal of Corporal Hicks in Colonial Marines. Biehn described working with Blood Dragon creative director Dean Evans as a positive experience, thanks to Evans' "interesting and creative presence" and passion. During Colonial Marines, however, Biehn "didn't really have any fun."
"It seemed kind of passionless," Biehn said. "I think in movies, television and the gaming world, you get some people that are really, really passionate, and some people that are just going through the paces. They think that because they have a brand name they're going to get a hit game or hit movie out of it. That certainly was the situation on [Aliens: Colonial Marines]."
Following its launch, Aliens: Colonial Marines was met universally with poor critical response. A lawsuit filed earlier this year accused Gearbox and Sega of falsely advertising the game. The game's Wii U port was canceled as well.
A new expansion for Colonial Marines was released on Xbox 360 earlier this week. Stasis Interrupted resolves Hicks' fate; in the films, the character is thought to have perished between the events of Aliens and Alien 3.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?