Speaking with the publication, the actor compared his recent role in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon as Sergeant Rex Colt to his reprisal of Corporal Hicks in Colonial Marines. Biehn described working with Blood Dragon creative director Dean Evans as a positive experience, thanks to Evans' "interesting and creative presence" and passion. During Colonial Marines, however, Biehn "didn't really have any fun."
"It seemed kind of passionless," Biehn said. "I think in movies, television and the gaming world, you get some people that are really, really passionate, and some people that are just going through the paces. They think that because they have a brand name they're going to get a hit game or hit movie out of it. That certainly was the situation on [Aliens: Colonial Marines]."
Following its launch, Aliens: Colonial Marines was met universally with poor critical response. A lawsuit filed earlier this year accused Gearbox and Sega of falsely advertising the game. The game's Wii U port was canceled as well.
A new expansion for Colonial Marines was released on Xbox 360 earlier this week. Stasis Interrupted resolves Hicks' fate; in the films, the character is thought to have perished between the events of Aliens and Alien 3.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28