Speaking with the publication, the actor compared his recent role in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon as Sergeant Rex Colt to his reprisal of Corporal Hicks in Colonial Marines. Biehn described working with Blood Dragon creative director Dean Evans as a positive experience, thanks to Evans' "interesting and creative presence" and passion. During Colonial Marines, however, Biehn "didn't really have any fun."
"It seemed kind of passionless," Biehn said. "I think in movies, television and the gaming world, you get some people that are really, really passionate, and some people that are just going through the paces. They think that because they have a brand name they're going to get a hit game or hit movie out of it. That certainly was the situation on [Aliens: Colonial Marines]."
Following its launch, Aliens: Colonial Marines was met universally with poor critical response. A lawsuit filed earlier this year accused Gearbox and Sega of falsely advertising the game. The game's Wii U port was canceled as well.
A new expansion for Colonial Marines was released on Xbox 360 earlier this week. Stasis Interrupted resolves Hicks' fate; in the films, the character is thought to have perished between the events of Aliens and Alien 3.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Game contoller for PC
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS