If you've ever wondered how disorienting a first-person Sonic the Hedgehog could be, Filipe B. Costa has the answer.
The animator recreated Sonic's first level, Green Hill Zone, from a fully 3D, first-person perspective. Check out the video above to watch as Sonic zooms through rings, enemies and tunnels at a dizzying speed.
You can see more of Costa's first-person remakes, including Bomberman, Super Mario's Goomba and Street Fighter, over at the Pipoca Effect YouTube page.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart