The game, slated to hit Wii U this October, is also available to pre-order for $49.96 at Walmart's website. Elsewhere players can reserve a copy for $59.99 at retailers including Best Buy, GameStop and Target.
In July, Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto said the company's decision to update The Wind Waker for Wii U was because they felt the console breathed new life into the 11-year-old game's graphics.
"When we brought the cartoon shading of the original Wind Waker over and were testing it on Wii U to take a look at it, we really felt that, visually, it brought the game to life in ways that just weren't there on the GameCube," he said. "Particularly with the way that you see the air and the wind in the game as you play with that. It really breathed new life into the project and we wanted to show that to the viewers."
Check out our hands-on impressions of the title from E3 2013 here.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- EA Access wants to be Netflix for video games, but it doesn't go far enough
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is 'the equivalent of four Hollywood movies' says Sledgehammer
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?